Edward Russell Elementary
600 South Jackson Street
Santa Ana, CA 92704
- Compare with other schools in Santa Ana
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Garden Grove Unified
- Website: www.ggusd.us/russell
- Grades: K-6
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||95.53%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 98% (110)
- Conditional admission: 2% (2) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Abraham Lincoln Elementary rank: 2 in Santa Ana
Andrew Jackson Elementary rank: 3 in Santa Ana
Carl Harvey Elementary rank: 4 in Santa Ana
Clinton Elementary rank: 3 in Garden Grove
Diamond Elementary rank: 2 in Santa Ana
Fremont Elementary rank: 3 in Santa Ana
Genevieve M. Crosby Elementary rank: 4 in Garden Grove
Gerald P. Carr Intermediate rank: 1 in Santa Ana
Hector G. Godinez rank: 7 in Santa Ana
Heritage Elementary rank: 3 in Santa Ana
James Monroe Elementary rank: none in Fountain Valley
La Quinta High rank: 10 in Westminster
Lorin Griset Academy rank: 1 in Santa Ana
Los Amigos High rank: 7 in Fountain Valley
Lydia Romero-Cruz Elementary rank: 2 in Santa Ana
Mamie L. Northcutt Elementary rank: 5 in Fountain Valley
Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary rank: 1 in Santa Ana
Mitchell Child Development rank: none in Santa Ana
Monte Vista Elementary rank: 2 in Santa Ana
Newhope Elementary rank: 5 in Santa Ana
R. F. Hazard Elementary rank: 7 in Santa Ana
REACH Academy rank: 1 in Santa Ana
Rosita Elementary rank: 6 in Santa Ana
Samueli Academy rank: 9 in Santa Ana
Spurgeon Intermediate rank: 1 in Santa Ana
Stephen R. Fitz Intermediate rank: 5 in Santa Ana
Valley High rank: 4 in Santa Ana
Vista Heritage Charter Middle rank: 3 in Santa Ana
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results