La Quinta High
10372 McFadden Street
Westminster, CA 92683
- Compare with other schools in Westminster
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Garden Grove Unified
- Website: www.ggusd.us/lqhs
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||566|
|Average Math Score||582|
|Percent Tested||142.4% (692 out of 486 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||13.64%|
|Two or More Races||0.23%|
A. J. Cook Elementary rank: 10 in Garden Grove
Donald S. Jordan Intermediate rank: 8 in Garden Grove
Edward Russell Elementary rank: 2 in Santa Ana
Ethan B. Allen Elementary rank: 10 in Fountain Valley
Excelsior Elementary rank: 9 in Garden Grove
Heritage Elementary rank: 3 in Santa Ana
James Irvine Intermediate rank: 8 in Garden Grove
James Monroe Elementary rank: none in Fountain Valley
Jessie Hayden Elementary rank: 9 in Midway City
John Marshall Elementary rank: 7 in Westminster
John Murdy Elementary rank: 9 in Garden Grove
Jordan Secondary Learning Center rank: none in Garden Grove
Kazuo Masuda Middle rank: 10 in Fountain Valley
Leo Carrillo Elementary rank: 5 in Westminster
Los Amigos High rank: 7 in Fountain Valley
Mamie L. Northcutt Elementary rank: 5 in Fountain Valley
Merton E. Hill Elementary rank: 7 in Garden Grove
Morningside Elementary rank: 7 in Garden Grove
Newhope Elementary rank: 5 in Santa Ana
Post Elementary rank: 9 in Westminster
R. F. Hazard Elementary rank: 7 in Santa Ana
Rosita Elementary rank: 6 in Santa Ana
Sarah McGarvin Intermediate rank: 10 in Westminster
Stephen R. Fitz Intermediate rank: 5 in Santa Ana
Susan B. Anthony Elementary rank: 7 in Westminster
Thomas Paine Elementary rank: 9 in Garden Grove
Urbain H. Plavan Elementary rank: 9 in Fountain Valley
Vista View Middle rank: 8 in Fountain Valley
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results