Bay View Elementary
1231 Bay St.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- Compare with other schools in Santa Cruz
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary School
- District: Santa Cruz City Elementary
- Website: www.sccs.santacruz.k12.ca.us
- Ranking compared to similar schools:
- Teachers with Full Credentials: 100%
- Teachers with Emergency Credentials: 0%
- School Schedule: Standard
- Grades: K-5
- K-3 Class Size: 22
- Grades 4-6 Class Size: 27
- GATE students: 20%
- English learners: 30%
- Reclassified as English proficient: 9%
- Migrant education program participants: 5%
- Eligible for free/reduced price lunch: 54%
- Special education within past two years: 17%
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 80% (90)
- Conditional admission: 12% (13) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 8% (9)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Parent's Education:Overall Average Education4: 3.26
(based on the 88% who responded)
|Not a High School
|Two or More||6%|
Testing Issues (flags):
This school (or the district on behalf of the school) has certified to the CDE that during the administration of the statewide academic testing programs, the school had an irregularity in the testing procedure affecting 5 percent or more of pupils tested. Therefore this school does not have a valid API for 2013 and is ineligible for state and federal rewards for 2013-14 and 2014-15.
Median Home Price (Zindex) for zip code 95060:
Bay View Elementary rank: in Santa Cruz
De Laveaga Elementary rank: in Santa Cruz
Gault Elementary rank: 2 in Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz City Elementary Alternative Education-Monarch rank: in Santa Cruz
Westlake Elementary rank: in Santa Cruz
- The State Rank is determined by a school's API Score in comparison to all other schools in California. (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). An equal number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank comes from the 2013 California Academic Performance Index (API) Growth report.
- The API Score is a number between 200 and 1000 that reflects a school's performance on statewide student assessments administered in 2013.
- Alternative Schools receive APIs but do not receive ranks
- Parent Education is the average of all responses where "1" represents "Not a high school graduate" and "5" represents "Graduate school."
- More information: 2012-13 Academic Performance Index Reports Information Guide (PDF; 629KB; 65pp.)
- "Conditional admission" is admission based upon either documentation of having received some but not all required immunizations and of not being due for any vaccine dose at the time of entry or upon documentation of a temporary medical exemption to immunization in accordance with Section 6050. Continued attendance after conditional admission is contingent upon receipt of the remaining required immunizations in accordance with Sections 6020 and 6035.