William C. Overfelt High
1835 Cunningham Avenue
San Jose, CA 95122
- Compare with other schools in San Jose
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: East Side Union High
- Website: www.wo.esuhsd.org/
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||482|
|Average Math Score||493|
|Percent Tested||57.1% (184 out of 322 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||78.32%|
|Two or More Races||1.03%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.21%|
A. J. Dorsa Elementary rank: 3 in San Jose
Adelante Dual Language Academy rank: 7 in San Jose
Alpha Cindy Avitia High rank: none in San Jose
Alpha: Blanca Alvarado Middle rank: 6 in San Jose
Alpha: Jose Hernandez Middle rank: 4 in San Jose
Bridges Academy rank: 3 in San Jose
Clyde Arbuckle Elementary rank: 1 in San Jose
Clyde L. Fischer Middle rank: 4 in San Jose
College Connection Academy rank: 9 in San Jose
Cornerstone Academy Preparatory rank: 9 in San Jose
Donald J. Meyer Elementary rank: 3 in San Jose
Downtown College Prep - Alum Rock rank: 6 in San Jose
Jeanne R. Meadows Elementary rank: 7 in San Jose
Katherine R. Smith Elementary rank: 1 in San Jose
Kipp Prize Preparatory Academy rank: 6 in San Jose
Leadership Public Schools - San Jose rank: 4 in San Jose
Luis Valdez Leadership Academy rank: none in San Jose
O. B. Whaley Elementary rank: 5 in San Jose
O. S. Hubbard Elementary rank: 5 in San Jose
Ocala Middle rank: 5 in San Jose
Overfelt Adult rank: none in San Jose
Renaissance Academy rank: 9 in San Jose
Robert F. Kennedy Elementary rank: 6 in San Jose
Santee Elementary rank: 4 in San Jose
Success Academy rank: none in San Jose
Sylvia Cassell Elementary rank: 4 in San Jose
William C. Overfelt High rank: 5 in San Jose
Yerba Buena High rank: 6 in San Jose
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results