San Ysidro High
5353 Airway Road
San Diego, CA 92154
- Compare with other schools in San Diego
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- District: Sweetwater Union High
- Website: www.sweetwaterschools.org
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||494|
|Average Math Score||498|
|Percent Tested||52.1% (332 out of 637 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||93.5%|
|Two or More Races||1.27%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.45%|
San Ysidro High rank: 6 in San Diego
Vista Del Mar rank: 9 in San Diego
Ocean View Hills rank: 7 in San Diego
San Ysidro Middle rank: 2 in San Ysidro
San Ysidro Adult Education Center rank: none in San Ysidro
La Mirada Elementary rank: 3 in San Ysidro
Los Altos Elementary rank: 4 in San Diego
Smythe Elementary rank: 2 in San Ysidro
Juarez-Lincoln Elementary rank: 5 in San Diego
Willow Elementary rank: 2 in San Ysidro
Sunset Elementary rank: 4 in San Ysidro
Myrtle S. Finney Elementary rank: 8 in San Diego
Silver Wing Elementary rank: 7 in San Diego
Montgomery Middle rank: 4 in San Diego
Howard Pence Elementary rank: 3 in San Diego
Fred H. Rohr Elementary rank: 6 in Chula Vista
George Nicoloff Elementary rank: 3 in San Ysidro
Valle Lindo Elementary rank: 6 in Chula Vista
Montgomery Senior High rank: 6 in San Diego
Montgomery Adult rank: none in San Diego
Loma Verde Elementary rank: 7 in Chula Vista
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results