300 East Palomar Street
Chula Vista, CA 91911
- Compare with other schools in Chula Vista
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Chula Vista Elementary
- Website: http://schools.cvesd.org/schools/palomar/
- Grades: K-6
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||89.81%|
|Two or More Races||0.28%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 98% (50)
- Conditional admission: 0% (0) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 2% (1)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 2% (1)
Alta Vista Academy rank: none in Chula Vista
Anne and William Hedenkamp Elementary rank: 9 in Chula Vista
Castle Park Elementary rank: 6 in Chula Vista
Castle Park Middle rank: 3 in Chula Vista
Castle Park Senior High rank: 6 in Chula Vista
Chula Vista Adult rank: none in Chula Vista
Chula Vista Senior High rank: 5 in Chula Vista
Fred H. Rohr Elementary rank: 6 in Chula Vista
Greg Rogers Elementary rank: 7 in Chula Vista
Halecrest Elementary rank: 7 in Chula Vista
Hazel Goes Cook Elementary rank: 7 in Chula Vista
Hilltop Drive Elementary rank: 8 in Chula Vista
Hilltop Middle rank: 5 in Chula Vista
Hilltop Senior High rank: 7 in Chula Vista
J. Calvin Lauderbach Elementary rank: 5 in Chula Vista
John J. Montgomery Elementary rank: 5 in Chula Vista
Karl H. Kellogg Elementary rank: 4 in Chula Vista
Leonardo da Vinci Health Sciences Charter rank: 5 in Chula Vista
Lilian J. Rice Elementary rank: 6 in Chula Vista
Loma Verde Elementary rank: 7 in Chula Vista
MAAC Community Charter rank: 1 in Chula Vista
Myrtle S. Finney Elementary rank: 8 in San Diego
Options Secondary rank: 4 in Chula Vista
Otay Elementary rank: 6 in Chula Vista
Palomar High rank: 1 in Chula Vista
Parkview Elementary rank: 9 in Chula Vista
Special Education Preschool rank: none in Chula Vista
Valle Lindo Elementary rank: 6 in Chula Vista
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results