Don Juan Avila Elementary
26278 Wood Canyon Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
- Compare with other schools in Aliso Viejo
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Capistrano Unified
- Grades: K-5
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||17.14%|
|Two or More Races||6.88%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.13%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 78% (102)
- Conditional admission: 10% (13) 6
- Medical exemptions: 1% (1)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 11% (14)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 9% (12)
Don Juan Avila Elementary rank: 9 in Aliso Viejo
Don Juan Avila Middle rank: 10 in Aliso Viejo
Community Roots Academy rank: 9 in Aliso Viejo
Aliso Niguel High rank: 10 in Aliso Viejo
Journey rank: 7 in Aliso Viejo
Capistrano Connections Academy rank: 9 in San Juan Capistrano
Canyon Vista Elementary rank: 9 in Aliso Viejo
Oak Grove Elementary rank: 10 in Aliso Viejo
Top of the World Elementary rank: 10 in Laguna Beach
Laguna Niguel Elementary rank: 9 in Laguna Niguel
Aliso Viejo Middle rank: 10 in Aliso Viejo
Thurston Middle rank: 10 in Laguna Beach
Moulton Elementary rank: 9 in Laguna Niguel
Crown Valley Elementary rank: none in Laguna Niguel
Orange County Academy of Sciences and Arts rank: none in Laguna Niguel
Marian Bergeson Elementary rank: 9 in Laguna Niguel
Laguna Beach Adult rank: none in Laguna Beach
Niguel Hills Middle rank: 9 in Laguna Niguel
Laguna Beach High rank: 10 in Laguna Beach
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results