1011 East Caldwell Street
Compton, CA 90221
- Compare with other schools in Compton
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Compton Unified
- Website: www.compton.k12.ca.us
- Grades: P-7
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||72.11%|
|Two or More Races||0.53%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 97% (88)
- Conditional admission: 3% (3) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Clinton, William Jefferson rank: 5 in Compton
Compton Early College High rank: none in Compton
Compton High rank: 3 in Compton
Compton Unified ROP rank: none in Compton
Davis Middle rank: 1 in Compton
Dickison Elementary rank: 3 in Compton
Dominguez High rank: 3 in Compton
Foster Elementary rank: 3 in Compton
Frank J. Zamboni rank: 5 in Paramount
Hamilton Middle rank: 3 in Long Beach
Harriet Tubman High rank: none in Compton
Helen Keller Elementary rank: 4 in Lynwood
Jefferson Elementary rank: 8 in Compton
Jordan High rank: 4 in Long Beach
Kelly Elementary rank: 4 in Compton
King Elementary rank: 5 in Long Beach
Laurel Street Elementary rank: 6 in Compton
Lifeline Education Charter rank: 5 in Compton
Longfellow Elementary rank: 3 in Compton
Mark Keppel rank: 5 in Paramount
Mayo Elementary rank: 4 in Compton
Powell Academy for Success rank: 6 in Long Beach
Robert F. Kennedy Elementary rank: 1 in Compton
Roosevelt Elementary rank: 3 in Compton
Roosevelt Middle rank: 1 in Compton
Thurgood Marshall rank: none in Compton
Walton Middle rank: 1 in Compton
Whaley Middle rank: 1 in Compton
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results