Cesar Chavez Continuation High
12501 North Wilmington
Compton, CA 90222
- Compare with other schools in Compton
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Continuation High Schools
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Compton Unified
- Website: www.compton.k12.ca.us
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||80.89%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.16%|
Alliance Cindy and Bill Simon Technology Academy High rank: 5 in Los Angeles
Anderson Elementary rank: 7 in Compton
Animo Mae Jemison Charter Middle rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Barack Obama Charter rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Bunche Middle rank: 1 in Compton
Carver Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Celerity Achernar Charter rank: none in Compton
Celerity Sirius Charter rank: none in Compton
Centennial High rank: 2 in Compton
Davis Middle rank: 1 in Compton
Dickison Elementary rank: 3 in Compton
Dorothy V. Johnson Community Day rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Grape Street Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Jefferson Elementary rank: 8 in Compton
King/Drew Medical Magnet High rank: 9 in Los Angeles
Lincoln Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Lindbergh Elementary rank: 3 in Lynwood
Lovelia P. Flournoy Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Martin Luther King Elementary rank: 1 in Compton
Middle College High rank: 8 in Los Angeles
New Designs Charter School-Watts rank: 2 in Los Angeles
One Hundred Twelfth Street Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Resolute Academy Charter rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Ritter Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Ronald E. McNair Elementary rank: 2 in Compton
Tibby Elementary rank: 7 in Compton
Washington Elementary rank: 2 in Compton
Willowbrook Middle rank: 1 in Compton
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results