2606 North Central Avenue
Compton, CA 90222
- Compare with other schools in Compton
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Compton Unified
- Website: www.compton.k12.ca.us
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||427|
|Average Math Score||407|
|Percent Tested||57.4% (124 out of 216 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||71.05%|
|Two or More Races||0.63%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.11%|
Alliance Jack H. Skirball Middle rank: 5 in Los Angeles
Anderson Elementary rank: 7 in Compton
Animo James B. Taylor Charter Middle rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Animo Mae Jemison Charter Middle rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Animo Watts College Preparatory Academy rank: 5 in Los Angeles
Avalon Gardens Elementary rank: 5 in Los Angeles
Barack Obama Charter rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Benjamin Banneker Career and Transition Center rank: none in Los Angeles
Carver Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Cesar Chavez Continuation High rank: 1 in Compton
Compton Adult rank: none in Compton
Enterprise Middle rank: 3 in Compton
King/Drew Medical Magnet High rank: 9 in Los Angeles
Lincoln Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Martin Luther King Elementary rank: 1 in Compton
McKinley Elementary rank: 2 in Compton
Middle College High rank: 8 in Los Angeles
New Designs Charter School-Watts rank: 2 in Los Angeles
One Hundred Eighteenth Street rank: 3 in Los Angeles
One Hundred Sixteenth Street Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
One Hundred Twelfth Street Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
One Hundred Twenty-Second Street Elementary rank: 6 in Los Angeles
Resolute Academy Charter rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Ronald E. McNair Elementary rank: 2 in Compton
Tibby Elementary rank: 7 in Compton
Vanguard Learning Center rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Washington Elementary rank: 2 in Compton
Willowbrook Middle rank: 1 in Compton
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results