Lou Henry Hoover Elementary
6302 South Alta Avenue
Whittier, CA 90601
- Compare with other schools in Whittier
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Whittier City Elementary
- Website: www.whittiercity.net
- Grades: K-5
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||90.02%|
|Two or More Races||0.89%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.22%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 93% (57)
- Conditional admission: 2% (1) 6
- Medical exemptions: 2% (1)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 3% (2)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 3% (2)
Abraham Lincoln Elementary rank: none in Whittier
Benjamin Franklin Elementary rank: none in Whittier
Christian Sorensen Elementary rank: 4 in Whittier
Daniel Phelan Elementary rank: 7 in Whittier
George Washington Elementary rank: none in Whittier
Katherine Edwards Middle rank: 4 in Whittier
Longfellow Elementary rank: 2 in Whittier
Lou Henry Hoover Elementary rank: 4 in Whittier
Lydia Jackson Elementary rank: 3 in Whittier
Mill Elementary rank: 8 in Whittier
Orange Grove Elementary rank: 4 in Whittier
Wallen L. Andrews Elementary rank: 7 in Whittier
Walter F. Dexter Middle rank: 4 in Whittier
West Whittier Elementary rank: 3 in Whittier
Whittier Area Community Day rank: 1 in Whittier
Whittier Independent Study rank: none in Whittier
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results