Sierra Madre Elementary
141 West Highland Avenue
Sierra Madre, CA 91024
- Compare with other schools in Sierra Madre
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Pasadena Unified
- Website: http://sme.pusd.us
- Grades: K-5
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||24.42%|
|Two or More Races||1.71%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 97% (99)
- Conditional admission: 1% (1) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 2% (2)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Sierra Madre Elementary rank: 9 in Sierra Madre
Sierra Madre Middle rank: 8 in Sierra Madre
Don Benito Fundamental rank: 7 in Pasadena
Eugene Field Elementary rank: 8 in Pasadena
Highland Oaks Elementary rank: 10 in Arcadia
Opportunities for Learning - Santa Clarita rank: 3 in Pasadena
Opportunities For Learning - Baldwin Park II rank: 3 in Pasadena
Opportunities for Learning - Baldwin Park rank: 4 in Pasadena
Hugo Reid Elementary rank: 10 in Arcadia
Foothills Middle rank: 10 in Arcadia
Pasadena High rank: 7 in Pasadena
CIS Academy rank: 3 in Pasadena
Method Schools K-8 rank: none in Arcadia
Method Schools High rank: none in Arcadia
Willard Elementary rank: 7 in Pasadena
Norma Coombs Elementary rank: 7 in Pasadena
Learning Works rank: 2 in Pasadena
First Avenue Middle rank: 10 in Arcadia
Arcadia High rank: 10 in Arcadia
Monrovia High rank: 10 in Monrovia
Arcadia Adult rank: none in Arcadia
Alternative Rancho Learning Center rank: none in Arcadia
Holly Avenue Elementary rank: 10 in Arcadia
Mayflower Elementary rank: 8 in Monrovia
Camino Grove Elementary rank: 9 in Arcadia
Daniel Webster rank: 7 in Pasadena
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results