Morningside High School
10500 South Yukon Avenue
Inglewood, CA 90303
- Compare with other schools in Inglewood
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- District: Inglewood Unified
- Website: http://morningside.iusd.net/
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||438|
|Average Math Score||412|
|Percent Tested||71.1% (170 out of 239 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||69.8%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.73%|
|Two or More Races||0.24%|
Albert F. Monroe Magnet Middle School rank: 2 in Inglewood
Animo Inglewood Charter High rank: 9 in Inglewood
Animo Leadership High rank: 9 in Inglewood
Animo South Los Angeles Charter rank: 5 in Los Angeles
Bennett/Kew Elementary rank: 3 in Inglewood
Beulah Payne Elementary rank: 1 in Inglewood
Buford Elementary rank: 5 in Lennox
Century Academy for Excellence rank: 1 in Inglewood
Century Community Charter rank: 6 in Inglewood
Century Park Elementary rank: 1 in Inglewood
Children of Promise Preparatory Academy rank: 1 in Inglewood
Cimarron Avenue Elementary rank: 2 in Hawthorne
Clyde Woodworth Elementary rank: 1 in Inglewood
Dolores Huerta Elementary rank: 4 in Lennox
Environmental Charter Middle - Inglewood rank: 6 in Inglewood
Executive Preparatory Academy of Finance rank: 7 in Hawthorne
ICEF Inglewood Elementary rank: 4 in Inglewood
ICEF Inglewood Middle Charter Academy rank: 1 in Inglewood
Inglewood Continuation High rank: 1 in Inglewood
Jefferson Elementary rank: 4 in Lennox
Lennox Mathematics, Science and Technology Academy rank: 9 in Lennox
Lennox Middle rank: 2 in Lennox
Manhattan Place Elementary rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Moffett Elementary rank: 5 in Lennox
Today's Fresh Start Charter School Inglewood rank: 4 in Inglewood
William H. Kelso Elementary rank: 2 in Inglewood
Worthington Elementary rank: 1 in Inglewood
York rank: 4 in Hawthorne
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results