4717 Dunsmore Avenue
La Crescenta, CA 91214
- Compare with other schools in La Crescenta
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Alternative Schools of Choice
- District: Glendale Unified
- Grades: K-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||*|
|Average Math Score||*|
|Percent Tested||15.8% (3 out of 19 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||17.54%|
Verdugo Academy rank: 9 in La Crescenta
Dunsmore Elementary rank: 9 in La Crescenta
Anderson W. Clark Magnet High rank: 10 in La Crescenta
Valley View Elementary rank: 10 in La Crescenta
Abraham Lincoln Elementary rank: 9 in La Crescenta
Mountain View Elementary rank: 8 in Tujunga
Cloud Preschool rank: none in La Crescenta
Monte Vista Elementary rank: 10 in La Crescenta
Crescenta Valley High rank: 10 in La Crescenta
Rosemont Middle rank: 10 in La Crescenta
La Crescenta Elementary rank: 9 in La Crescenta
Pinewood Avenue Elementary rank: 4 in Tujunga
Mountain Avenue Elementary rank: 9 in La Crescenta
Palm Crest Elementary rank: 10 in La Canada
Verdugo Hills Senior High rank: 7 in Tujunga
Mt. Lukens Continuation rank: none in Tujunga
Plainview Academic Charter Academy rank: 3 in Tujunga
Apperson Street Elementary rank: 8 in Sunland
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results