Ruben Salazar Continuation
9115 Balfour Street
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
- Compare with other schools in Pico Rivera
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Continuation High Schools
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: El Rancho Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||97.88%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.53%|
Birney Tech Academy rank: 2 in Pico Rivera
Child Care Center rank: none in Pico Rivera
Durfee Elementary rank: 3 in Pico Rivera
Early Learning Program rank: none in Pico Rivera
El Rancho Adult rank: none in Pico Rivera
El Rancho Alternative Education Center rank: none in Pico Rivera
El Rancho High rank: 8 in Pico Rivera
Ellen Ochoa Prep Academy rank: none in Pico Rivera
Eugene A. Obregon rank: none in Pico Rivera
Eugene A. Obregon Elementary rank: none in Pico Rivera
Home and Independent Study rank: none in Pico Rivera
Magee Academy of Arts & Sciences rank: 4 in Pico Rivera
Maizeland Elementary rank: none in Pico Rivera
Mary E. Meller Elementary rank: none in Pico Rivera
North Park Academy of the Arts rank: 3 in Pico Rivera
North Ranchito Elementary rank: 4 in Pico Rivera
Pio Pico Elementary rank: none in Pico Rivera
Rio Vista Elementary rank: 5 in Pico Rivera
Rivera Elementary rank: 5 in Pico Rivera
Rivera Middle rank: 4 in Pico Rivera
Ruben Salazar Continuation rank: 2 in Pico Rivera
Selby Grove Elementary rank: none in Pico Rivera
South Ranchito Dual Language Academy rank: 3 in Pico Rivera
STEAM Academy @ Burke rank: 7 in Pico Rivera
Valencia Academy of the Arts rank: 4 in Pico Rivera
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results