39055 25th Street West
Palmdale, CA 93551
- Compare with other schools in Palmdale
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- District: Antelope Valley Union High
- Website: www.highlandhs.org
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 49.55%1-c
This school is in the 50.91th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: High School
SAT Test Results:
Academies of the Antelope Valley rank: 7 in Quartz Hill
Antelope Valley Adult/Independent Study rank: none in Lancaster
Antelope Valley High rank: 4 in Lancaster
Desert Pathways rank: none in Quartz Hill
Desert Sands Charter rank: 2 in Lancaster
Desert Winds Continuation High rank: 2 in Lancaster
Eastside High rank: 4 in Lancaster
Henry Hearns Charter rank: none in Littlerock
Highland High rank: 6 in Palmdale
Independent Study rank: none in Lancaster
Lancaster High rank: 5 in Lancaster
Littlerock High rank: 5 in Littlerock
Los Angeles County Online High rank: 4 in La Crescenta
Palmdale High rank: 4 in Palmdale
Pete William J. Knight High rank: 5 in Palmdale
Phoenix High Community Day rank: 1 in Palmdale
Quartz Hill High rank: 7 in Quartz Hill
R. Rex Parris High rank: 3 in Palmdale
Sierra Paloma rank: none in Palmdale
Students On Academic Rise SOAR High rank: 10 in Lancaster
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results