El Cerrito High
540 Ashbury Avenue
El Cerrito, CA 94530
- Compare with other schools in El Cerrito
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: West Contra Costa Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 38.48%1-c
This school is in the 42.23th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: High School
SAT Test Results:
Albany Adult rank: none in Albany
Albany High rank: 10 in Albany
Albany Middle rank: 10 in Albany
Aspire California College Preparatory Academy rank: none in Berkeley
Berkeley Adult rank: none in Berkeley
Berkeley Arts Magnet at Whittier rank: 8 in Berkeley
Berkeley Special Education Preschool rank: none in Berkeley
Cameron rank: none in El Cerrito
Cornell Elementary rank: 10 in Albany
Cragmont Elementary rank: 9 in Berkeley
Fairmont Elementary rank: 6 in El Cerrito
Fred T. Korematsu Middle rank: 6 in El Cerrito
Harding Elementary rank: 6 in El Cerrito
Jefferson Elementary rank: 10 in Berkeley
John F. Kennedy High rank: 2 in Richmond
Continuation MacGregor High rank: none in Albany
Madera Elementary rank: 9 in El Cerrito
Marin Elementary rank: 10 in Albany
Martin Luther King Middle rank: 9 in Berkeley
Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary rank: 1 in Richmond
Mira Vista Elementary rank: 5 in Richmond
Ocean View Elementary rank: 9 in Albany
Oxford Elementary rank: 8 in Berkeley
REALM Charter High rank: 4 in Berkeley
REALM Charter Middle rank: 4 in Berkeley
Stege Elementary rank: 1 in Richmond
Summit Public School K2 rank: 9 in El Cerrito
Thousand Oaks Elementary rank: 7 in Berkeley
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results