East Avenue Elementary
2424 East Avenue
Hayward, CA 94541
- Compare with other schools in Hayward
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Hayward Unified
- Grades: K-6
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||50.9%|
|Two or More Races||6.87%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 89% (76)
- Conditional admission: 11% (9) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Alameda County Community rank: 2 in Hayward
Bowman Elementary rank: 1 in Hayward
Brenkwitz High rank: 1 in Hayward
Bret Harte Middle rank: 3 in Hayward
Burbank Elementary rank: 6 in Hayward
Canyon Middle rank: 9 in Castro Valley
Castro Valley Elementary rank: 8 in Castro Valley
Cesar Chavez Middle rank: 2 in Hayward
Cherryland Elementary rank: 2 in Hayward
Creekside Middle rank: 9 in Castro Valley
Fairview Elementary rank: 3 in Hayward
Faith Ringgold School of Arts and Science rank: 3 in Hayward
Golden Oak Montessori of Hayward rank: 5 in Castro Valley
Harder Elementary rank: 3 in Hayward
Hayward Adult rank: none in Hayward
Hayward High rank: 6 in Hayward
Highland rank: none in Hayward
Independent Elementary rank: 10 in Castro Valley
Marshall Elementary rank: 8 in Castro Valley
Palomares Elementary rank: 9 in Castro Valley
Park Elementary rank: 1 in Hayward
Silver Oak High Public Montessori Charter rank: 4 in Hayward
Special Education-Preschool-Laurel rank: none in Castro Valley
Stonebrae Elementary rank: 6 in Hayward
Strobridge Elementary rank: 2 in Castro Valley
Tennyson High rank: 4 in Hayward
Vannoy Elementary rank: 10 in Castro Valley
Winton Middle rank: 2 in Hayward
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results