Santa Cruz City Elementary Alternative Education-Monarch
840 North Branciforte Avenue
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
- Compare with other schools in Santa Cruz
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Alternative Schools of Choice
- District: Santa Cruz City Elementary
- Website: www.monarch.santacruz.k12.ca.us
- Grades: K-6
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
Bay View Elementary rank: 7 in Santa Cruz
Bilingual/Multicultural Altern rank: none in Santa Cruz
Branciforte Elementary rank: none in Santa Cruz
De Laveaga Elementary rank: 7 in Santa Cruz
Gault Elementary rank: 3 in Santa Cruz
Laurel Elementary rank: none in Santa Cruz
Natural Bridges Elementary rank: none in Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz City Elementary Alternative Education-Monarch rank: none in Santa Cruz
Westlake Elementary rank: 9 in Santa Cruz
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results