James Lick High
57 North White Road
San Jose, CA 95127
- Compare with other schools in San Jose
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: East Side Union High
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 46.37%1-c
This school is in the 47.77th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: High School
SAT Test Results:
ACE Alum Rock rank: none in San Jose
ACE Charter High rank: 5 in San Jose
Aptitud Community Academy at Goss rank: 3 in San Jose
B. Roberto Cruz Leadership Academy rank: none in San Jose
Ben Painter Elementary rank: 5 in San Jose
Cesar Chavez Elementary rank: 3 in San Jose
Escuela Popular Accelerated Family Learning rank: 2 in San Jose
Escuela Popular/Center for Training and Careers, Family Learning rank: 4 in San Jose
Foothill High rank: 2 in San Jose
Horace Cureton Elementary rank: 3 in San Jose
James McEntee Academy rank: none in San Jose
Joseph George Middle rank: 4 in San Jose
KIPP Heartwood Academy rank: 9 in San Jose
Lee Mathson Middle rank: 1 in San Jose
Linda Vista Elementary rank: 6 in San Jose
Lyndale Elementary rank: 4 in San Jose
Millard McCollam Elementary rank: 7 in San Jose
Mt. Pleasant Elementary rank: 5 in San Jose
Renaissance at Mathson rank: 8 in San Jose
Rocketship 9 at Jackson rank: none in San Jose
Rocketship Academy Brilliant Minds rank: 5 in San Jose
Rocketship Fuerza Community Prep rank: 6 in San Jose
Rocketship Si Se Puede Academy rank: 6 in San Jose
Russo/McEntee Academy rank: 6 in San Jose
Summit Public School: Tahoma rank: 9 in San Jose
Thomas P. Ryan Elementary rank: 3 in San Jose
Voices College-Bound Language Academy at Mt. Pleasant rank: none in San Jose
William Sheppard Middle rank: 5 in San Jose
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results