43-330 Palm Royale Drive
La Quinta, CA 92253
- Compare with other schools in La Quinta
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Alternative Schools of Choice
- District: Desert Sands Unified
- Website: www.dsusd.us
- Grades: K-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 18.17%1-c
This school is in the 25.75th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: Elementary-High Combination
SAT Test Results:
Continuation Summit High rank: 3 in La Quinta
Horizon rank: 3 in La Quinta
Desert Sands Adult rank: none in La Quinta
James Monroe Elementary rank: 9 in Bermuda Dunes
Gerald R. Ford Elementary rank: 8 in Indian Wells
La Quinta High rank: 9 in La Quinta
Amelia Earhart Elementary rank: 8 in Indio
Ronald Reagan Elementary rank: 7 in Palm Desert
Shadow Hills High rank: 6 in Indio
John Glenn Middle School of International Studies rank: 8 in Indio
James Madison Elementary rank: 2 in Indio
Carrillo Ranch Elementary rank: 5 in Indio
Desert Ridge Academy rank: 6 in Indio
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results