15301 South San Jose Avenue
Compton, CA 90221
- Compare with other schools in Compton
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Compton Unified
- Website: www.compton.k12.ca.us
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 18.51%1-c
This school is in the 23.2th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: High School
SAT Test Results:
Abraham Lincoln rank: 8 in Paramount
Alondra Middle rank: 5 in Paramount
Clinton, William Jefferson rank: 5 in Compton
Compton Unified ROP rank: none in Compton
Emerson Elementary rank: 2 in Compton
Foster Elementary rank: 3 in Compton
Frank J. Zamboni rank: 5 in Paramount
Grant Elementary rank: 4 in Long Beach
Hamilton Middle rank: 3 in Long Beach
Hollydale rank: 5 in South Gate
Howard Tanner rank: 3 in Paramount
Janie P. Abbott Elementary rank: 4 in Lynwood
Jordan High rank: 4 in Long Beach
Kelly Elementary rank: 4 in Compton
King Elementary rank: 5 in Long Beach
Leona Jackson rank: 5 in Paramount
Los Cerritos rank: 4 in Paramount
Mark Keppel rank: 5 in Paramount
Mark Twain Elementary rank: 4 in Lynwood
McKinley Elementary rank: 3 in Long Beach
Paramount Adult rank: none in Paramount
Paramount High rank: 6 in Paramount
Paramount Park Middle rank: 5 in Paramount
Paramount Unified Community Day rank: none in Paramount
Roosevelt Elementary rank: 3 in Compton
Roosevelt Middle rank: 1 in Compton
Wesley Gaines rank: 6 in Paramount
Whaley Middle rank: 1 in Compton
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results