West Covina High
1609 East Cameron Avenue
West Covina, CA 91791
- Compare with other schools in West Covina
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: West Covina Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 81.14%1-c
This school is in the 80.23th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: High School
SAT Test Results:
California Elementary rank: 5 in West Covina
California Virtual Academy @ Los Angeles rank: 5 in Simi Valley
Cameron Elementary rank: 5 in West Covina
Coronado Academy Community Day rank: none in West Covina
Coronado Elementary rank: none in West Covina
Continuation Coronado High rank: 3 in West Covina
Cortez Elementary rank: none in West Covina
Del Norte Intermediate rank: none in West Covina
Edgewood High rank: 9 in West Covina
Edgewood High rank: none in West Covina
Edgewood Middle rank: 6 in West Covina
El Dorado Elementary rank: none in West Covina
Hollencrest Middle rank: 7 in West Covina
Independent Study rank: none in West Covina
Insight @ Los Angeles rank: 3 in Simi Valley
Merced Elementary rank: 8 in West Covina
Merlinda Elementary rank: 7 in West Covina
Monte Vista Elementary rank: 7 in West Covina
Orangewood Elementary rank: 6 in West Covina
Rio Verde Academy rank: 2 in West Covina
San Jose Charter Academy rank: 10 in West Covina
Tonopah Elementary rank: none in West Covina
Vine Elementary rank: 7 in West Covina
Walnut Grove Intermediate rank: 5 in West Covina
Wescove Elementary rank: none in West Covina
West Covina High rank: 9 in West Covina
Willowood Elementary rank: none in West Covina
Willowood Junior Hi rank: none in West Covina
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results