Lancaster Alternative and Virtual Academies
44310 Hardwood Avenue
Lancaster, CA 93534
- Compare with other schools in Lancaster
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Alternative Schools of Choice
- Instruction Type: Exclusively Virtual - The school has no physical building where students meet with each other or with teachers, all instruction is virtual.
- District: Lancaster Elementary
- Website: www.lavaschool.org/
- Grades: 4-8
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 3.67%1-c
This school is in the 1.12th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: Elementary
Amargosa Creek Middle rank: 5 in Lancaster
Crossroads Community Day rank: none in Lancaster
Desert View Elementary rank: 1 in Lancaster
Discovery rank: 6 in Lancaster
Early Childhood Education rank: none in Lancaster
El Dorado Elementary rank: 1 in Lancaster
Endeavour Middle rank: 3 in Lancaster
Fulton and Alsbury Academy of Arts and Engineering rank: none in Lancaster
iLEAD Lancaster Charter rank: 1 in Lancaster
Jack Northrop Elementary rank: 5 in Lancaster
John and Jacquelyn Miller Elementary rank: 6 in Lancaster
Joshua Elementary rank: 1 in Lancaster
Lancaster Alternative and Virtual Academies rank: 1 in Lancaster
Life Source International Charter rank: 1 in Lancaster
Lincoln Elementary rank: 3 in Lancaster
Linda Verde Elementary rank: 1 in Lancaster
Mariposa Elementary rank: 1 in Lancaster
Monte Vista Elementary rank: 3 in Lancaster
Nancy Cory Elementary rank: 4 in Lancaster
New Vista Middle rank: 1 in Lancaster
Park View Middle rank: none in Lancaster
Piute Middle rank: 1 in Lancaster
Sierra Elementary rank: 1 in Lancaster
Sunnydale Elementary rank: 2 in Lancaster
West Wind Elementary rank: 5 in Lancaster
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results