Pinole Valley High
2900 Pinole Valley Road
Pinole, CA 94564
- Compare with other schools in Pinole
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: West Contra Costa Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 32.73%1-c
This school is in the 36.8th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: High School
SAT Test Results:
Pinole Valley High rank: 4 in Pinole
Stewart Elementary rank: 5 in Pinole
Collins Elementary rank: 4 in Pinole
Ellerhorst Elementary rank: 6 in Pinole
Pinole Middle rank: 3 in Pinole
Murphy Elementary rank: 4 in El Sobrante
Crespi Junior High rank: 4 in El Sobrante
Ohlone Elementary rank: 7 in Hercules
Valley View Elementary rank: 7 in Richmond
Shannon Elementary rank: 6 in Pinole
De Anza High rank: 4 in Richmond
Tara Hills Elementary rank: 5 in San Pablo
Sheldon Elementary rank: 3 in Richmond
North Campus Continuation rank: none in San Pablo
Harbour Way Elementary rank: none in El Sobrante
Hercules High rank: 7 in Hercules
Hercules Middle rank: 5 in Hercules
Lupine Hills Elementary rank: 4 in Hercules
Aspire Richmond Ca. College Preparatory Academy rank: 7 in Richmond
Aspire Richmond Technology Academy rank: 5 in Richmond
Summit Public School: Tamalpais rank: none in Richmond
Hanna Ranch Elementary rank: 9 in Hercules
Olinda Elementary rank: 7 in El Sobrante
Making Waves Academy rank: 7 in Richmond
Highland Elementary rank: 6 in Richmond
Montalvin Manor Elementary rank: 6 in San Pablo
Alternative Vista High rank: 3 in San Pablo
Rodeo Hills Elementary rank: 4 in Rodeo
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results