Gompers Preparatory Academy
1005 47th Street
San Diego, CA 92102
- Compare with other schools in San Diego
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: K-12 Schools (Public) (Charter, not direct funded)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: San Diego Unified
- Website: www.gomperscharter.org
- Grades: 6-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 35.72%1-c
This school is in the 49.4th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: Elementary-High Combination
SAT Test Results:
7th Grade Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
Baker Elementary rank: none in San Diego
Chavez Elementary rank: 1 in San Diego
Chollas/Mead Elementary rank: 5 in San Diego
Clark Middle rank: 2 in San Diego
El Toyon Elementary rank: 4 in National City
Epiphany Prep Charter rank: 1 in San Diego
Golden Hill K-8 rank: 4 in San Diego
Hamilton Elementary rank: none in San Diego
Holly Drive Leadership Academy rank: 2 in San Diego
Horton Elementary rank: 3 in San Diego
Ingenuity Charter rank: 3 in San Diego
Johnson Elementary rank: 3 in San Diego
Joyner Elementary rank: 4 in San Diego
King-Chavez Primary Academy rank: none in San Diego
Knox Middle rank: 1 in San Diego
Lincoln High rank: 4 in San Diego
Marshall Elementary rank: 3 in San Diego
Millennial Tech Middle rank: 1 in San Diego
Nye Elementary rank: 8 in San Diego
Oak Park Elementary rank: 6 in San Diego
Porter Elementary rank: 3 in San Diego
Rancho de la Nacion rank: 4 in National City
Rowan Elementary rank: 5 in San Diego
San Diego Continuing Education rank: none in San Diego
San Diego Cooperative Charter School 2 rank: 2 in San Diego
The O'Farrell Charter rank: 8 in San Diego
Valencia Park Elementary rank: 5 in San Diego
Webster Elementary rank: 4 in San Diego
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results