Rio Americano High
4540 American River Drive
Sacramento, CA 95864
- Compare with other schools in Sacramento
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- District: San Juan Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||589|
|Average Math Score||581|
|Percent Tested||77.5% (276 out of 356 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||15.07%|
|Two or More Races||3.32%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||1.01%|
A. M. Winn Waldorf-Inspired rank: 3 in Sacramento
Abraham Lincoln Elementary rank: 4 in Sacramento
Albert Einstein Middle rank: 6 in Sacramento
Arden Middle rank: 8 in Sacramento
Cordova Meadows Elementary rank: 1 in Rancho Cordova
Del Dayo Elementary rank: 9 in Carmichael
Del Paso Manor Elementary rank: 5 in Sacramento
El Camino Fundamental High rank: 7 in Sacramento
El Centro Jr./Sr. High rank: 1 in Sacramento
Gateway International rank: 5 in Sacramento
General Davie, Jr. Primary Center rank: none in Sacramento
George Washington Carver School of Arts and Science rank: 8 in Sacramento
Golden Empire Elementary rank: 7 in Sacramento
Hubert H. Bancroft Elementary rank: 4 in Sacramento
Isador Cohen Elementary rank: 3 in Sacramento
James Marshall Elementary rank: 3 in Sacramento
John Muir Charter Schools rank: 1 in Grass Valley
Mariemont Elementary rank: 8 in Sacramento
Morgan Jr./Sr. High rank: none in Sacramento
O. W. Erlewine Elementary rank: 5 in Sacramento
Paramount Collegiate Academy rank: 3 in Sacramento
Ralph Richardson Center rank: none in Carmichael
Rosemont High rank: 5 in Sacramento
San Juan Choices Charter rank: 5 in Sacramento
Sequoia Elementary rank: 6 in Sacramento
Sierra Oaks K-8 rank: 6 in Sacramento
Starr King K-8 rank: 1 in Carmichael
Thomas Edison Language Institute K-8 rank: 1 in Sacramento
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results