3800 182Nd St
Torrance, CA 90504
- Compare with other schools in Torrance
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Torrance Unified
- Grades: K-5
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||46.26%|
|Two or More Races||6.26%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.2%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 93% (89)
- Conditional admission: 4% (4) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 3% (3)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Adams Middle rank: 9 in Redondo Beach
Arlington Elementary rank: 9 in Torrance
Bert M. Lynn Middle rank: 10 in Torrance
Birney Elementary rank: 10 in Redondo Beach
Casimir Middle rank: 8 in Torrance
Environmental Charter High rank: 8 in Lawndale
Evelyn Carr Elementary rank: 7 in Torrance
F. D. Roosevelt Elementary rank: 5 in Lawndale
Hamilton Adult Education Center rank: none in Torrance
Jane Addams Middle rank: 6 in Lawndale
Lincoln Elementary rank: 8 in Torrance
Lincoln Elementary rank: 9 in Redondo Beach
Madison Elementary rank: 9 in Redondo Beach
Madrona Middle rank: 9 in Torrance
Mark Twain Elementary rank: 8 in Lawndale
North High rank: 9 in Torrance
One Hundred Eighty-Sixth Street Elementary rank: 6 in Gardena
One Hundred Fifty-Sixth Street Elementary rank: 9 in Gardena
Philip Magruder Middle rank: 8 in Torrance
South Bay Academy Community Day rank: none in Lawndale
South Bay Adult rank: none in Redondo Beach
Victor Elementary rank: 9 in Torrance
Washington Elementary rank: 9 in Redondo Beach
West High rank: 10 in Torrance
Will Rogers Middle rank: 5 in Lawndale
William Anderson Elementary rank: 7 in Lawndale
William Green Elementary rank: 6 in Lawndale
Yukon Elementary rank: 6 in Torrance
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results