Joseph A. Gascon Elementary
630 South Leonard Street
Los Angeles, CA 90022
- Compare with other schools in Los Angeles
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Montebello Unified
- Website: www.montebello.k12.ca.us/
- Grades: K-5
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||99.63%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 96% (169)
- Conditional admission: 1% (2) 6
- Medical exemptions: 1% (1)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 2% (4)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Alliance Morgan McKinzie High rank: 8 in Los Angeles
Bella Vista Elementary rank: 3 in Monterey Park
Brightwood Elementary rank: 9 in Monterey Park
David Wark Griffith Middle rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Eastmont Intermediate rank: 2 in Montebello
Ford Boulevard Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Fourth Street Elementary rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Fourth Street Primary Center rank: none in Los Angeles
Humphreys Avenue Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
James A. Garfield Senior High rank: 8 in Los Angeles
KIPP Iluminar Academy rank: 10 in Los Angeles
KIPP Raices Academy rank: 10 in Los Angeles
KIPP Vida Preparatory Academy rank: none in Los Angeles
Kirby, Dorothy Camp rank: none in City Of Commerce
Macy Intermediate rank: 6 in Monterey Park
Montebello Adult rank: none in Montebello
Montebello High rank: 5 in Montebello
Montebello Intermediate rank: 3 in Montebello
Montebello Park Elementary rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Monterey Continuation rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Morris K. Hamasaki Elementary rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Robert Hill Lane Elementary rank: 6 in Monterey Park
Rosewood Park rank: 2 in City of Commerce
Schurr Community Adult rank: none in Montebello
Schurr High rank: 6 in Montebello
Washington Elementary rank: 4 in Montebello
Wilcox Elementary rank: 5 in Montebello
Winter Gardens Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results