President Avenue Elementary
1465 West 243rd Street
Harbor City, CA 90710
- Compare with other schools in Harbor City
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: K-6
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||58.71%|
|Two or More Races||3.48%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 95% (60)
- Conditional admission: 5% (3) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Academies of Education and Empowerment at Carson High rank: 8 in Carson
Academy of Medical Arts at Carson High rank: 10 in Carson
Alexander Fleming Middle rank: 5 in Lomita
Caroldale Learning Community rank: 7 in Carson
Carson Senior High rank: 5 in Carson
Catskill Avenue Elementary rank: 4 in Carson
Eagle Tree Continuation rank: 1 in Carson
Eshelman Avenue Elementary rank: 7 in Lomita
Gene Drevno Community Day rank: none in Torrance
George S. Patton Continuation rank: 2 in Harbor City
HARTS Humanities and Arts Academy of Los Angeles rank: 5 in Harbor City
Halldale Elementary rank: 6 in Torrance
Harbor City Elementary rank: 5 in Harbor City
Harbor Teacher Preparation Academy rank: 10 in Wilmington
Howard Wood Elementary rank: 8 in Torrance
J. H. Hull Middle rank: 6 in Torrance
John Adams Elementary rank: 8 in Torrance
Lomita Math/Science/Technology Magnet rank: 8 in Lomita
Meyler Street Elementary rank: 4 in Torrance
Nathaniel Narbonne Senior High rank: 6 in Harbor City
Normont Elementary rank: 1 in Harbor City
Owen H. Griffith Adult rank: none in Torrance
STEAM Wilmington Middle Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics Magnet rank: 4 in Wilmington
Kurt T. Shery High (Continuation) rank: 3 in Torrance
Southern California ROC rank: none in Torrance
Stephen M. White Middle rank: 4 in Carson
Torrance Elementary rank: 5 in Torrance
Two Hundred Thirty-Second Place rank: 7 in Carson
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results