Melrose Avenue Elementary
731 North Detroit Street
Los Angeles, CA 90046
- Compare with other schools in Los Angeles
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: K-6
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||38.62%|
|Two or More Races||4.19%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 96% (48)
- Conditional admission: 2% (1) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 2% (1)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Citizens of the World Charter Hollywood rank: 9 in Los Angeles
Fairfax Senior High rank: 7 in Los Angeles
Frances Blend Special Education Center rank: none in Los Angeles
Gardner Street Elementary rank: 7 in Los Angeles
Hancock Park Elementary rank: 9 in Los Angeles
Helen Bernstein High rank: 4 in Hollywood
Hollywood Community Adult rank: none in Los Angeles
Hollywood Primary Center rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Hollywood Senior High rank: 8 in Los Angeles
Hubert Howe Bancroft Middle rank: 3 in Los Angeles
John Burroughs Middle rank: 8 in Los Angeles
Joseph Le Conte Middle rank: 3 in Hollywood
Larchmont Charter rank: 10 in Los Angeles
Lashon Academy rank: 8 in Van Nuys
Laurel Elementary rank: 5 in Los Angeles
Magnolia Science Academy 5 rank: 4 in Reseda
Pathways Community rank: none in Los Angeles
Richard A. Alonzo Community Day rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Rosewood Avenue Elementary rank: 8 in Los Angeles
Santa Monica Boulevard Community Charter rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Selma Avenue Elementary rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Third Street Elementary rank: 9 in Los Angeles
Van Ness Avenue Elementary rank: 7 in Los Angeles
Vine Street Elementary rank: 2 in Los Angeles
West Hollywood Opportunity rank: 2 in West Hollywood
Westside Community Adult rank: none in Los Angeles
Whitman Continuation rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Wilshire Crest Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results