Holmes Avenue Elementary
5108 Holmes Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90058
- Compare with other schools in Los Angeles
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: K-6
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||80.36%|
|Two or More Races||0.73%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 100% (44)
- Conditional admission: 0% (0) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Animo Jefferson Charter Middle rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Animo Ralph Bunche Charter High rank: 7 in Los Angeles
Ascot Avenue Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Aspire Ollin University Preparatory Academy rank: 7 in Huntington Park
Aspire Pacific Academy rank: 6 in Huntington Park
Aurora Elementary rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Celerity Dyad Charter rank: 8 in Los Angeles
Communication and Technology at Diego Rivera Learning Complex rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Dr. Lawrence H. Moore Math, Science, Technology Academy rank: 2 in Los Angeles
George Washington Carver Middle rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Green Design at Diego Rivera Learning Complex rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Hooper Avenue Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Hooper Avenue Primary Center rank: none in Los Angeles
Jefferson Community Adult rank: none in Los Angeles
Lillian Street Elementary rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Linda Esperanza Marquez High A Huntington Park Institute of Applied Medicine rank: 6 in Huntington Park
Linda Esperanza Marquez High B LIBRA Academy rank: 8 in Huntington Park
Linda Esperanza Marquez High C School of Social Justice rank: 7 in Huntington Park
NAVA College Preparatory Academy rank: none in Los Angeles
Nevin Avenue Elementary rank: 5 in Los Angeles
Pacific Boulevard rank: 6 in Huntington Park
Performing Arts Community at Diego Rivera Learning Complex rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Public Service Community at Diego Rivera Learning Complex rank: 6 in Los Angeles
Sally Ride Elementary: A SMArT Academy rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Student Empowerment Academy rank: none in Los Angeles
Thomas A. Edison Middle rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Thomas Jefferson Senior High rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Vernon City Elementary rank: 4 in Los Angeles
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results