Granada Hills Charter High
10535 Zelzah Avenue
Granada Hills, CA 91344
- Compare with other schools in Granada Hills
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public) (Charter, not direct funded)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||581|
|Average Math Score||585|
|Percent Tested||92.4% (1003 out of 1085 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||39.55%|
|Two or More Races||1.16%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.32%|
Alfred B. Nobel Charter Middle rank: 9 in Northridge
Andasol Avenue Elementary rank: 7 in Northridge
Balboa Gifted/High Ability Magnet Elementary rank: 10 in Northridge
Beckford Charter for Enriched Studies rank: 9 in Northridge
Calahan Community Charter rank: 7 in Northridge
Darby Avenue Charter rank: 8 in Northridge
Dearborn Elementary rank: 7 in Northridge
El Oro Way Charter For Enriched Studies rank: 9 in Granada Hills
George K. Porter Middle rank: 6 in Granada Hills
Granada Community Charter rank: 3 in Granada Hills
Jane Addams Continuation rank: 3 in Granada Hills
John F. Kennedy High rank: 6 in Granada Hills
Kennedy-San Fernando Community rank: none in Granada Hills
Knollwood Preparatory Academy rank: 7 in Granada Hills
Mayall Street Elementary rank: 7 in North Hills
North Valley Military Institute College Preparatory Academy rank: 1 in Sun Valley
Northridge Academy High rank: 7 in Northridge
Northridge Middle rank: 2 in Northridge
Oliver Wendell Holmes Middle rank: 6 in Northridge
Our Community Charter rank: 9 in Chatsworth
Patrick Henry Middle rank: 6 in Granada Hills
Robert Frost Middle rank: 9 in Granada Hills
STEAM Haskell Elementary rank: 7 in Granada Hills
Topeka Charter School For Advanced Studies rank: 9 in Northridge
Tulsa Street Elementary rank: 7 in Granada Hills
Valley Academy of Arts and Sciences rank: 6 in Granada Hills
Valley Charter Elementary rank: 9 in North Hills
Valor Academy Elementary rank: none in Northridge
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results