8693 Dearborn Avenue
South Gate, CA 90280
- Compare with other schools in South Gate
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Continuation High Schools
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||*|
|Average Math Score||*|
|Percent Tested||3.1% (1 out of 32 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||100%|
Academia Moderna rank: 3 in Walnut Park
Animo College Preparatory Academy rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Aspire Firestone Academy Charter rank: 6 in South Gate
Aspire Gateway Academy Charter rank: 6 in South Gate
Bryson Avenue Elementary rank: 7 in South Gate
Hope Street Elementary rank: 4 in Huntington Park
Independence Elementary rank: 3 in South Gate
Liberty Boulevard Elementary rank: 3 in South Gate
Lucille Roybal-Allard Elementary rank: 4 in Huntington Park
Madison Elementary rank: 5 in South Gate
Montara Avenue Elementary rank: 4 in South Gate
Ninety-Second Street Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
PREPA TEC - Los Angeles rank: 4 in Huntington Park
San Gabriel Avenue Elementary rank: 3 in South Gate
San Miguel Elementary rank: 2 in South Gate
South East High rank: 7 in South Gate
South Gate Community Adult rank: none in South Gate
South Gate Middle rank: 3 in South Gate
South Gate Senior High rank: 6 in South Gate
Southeast Middle rank: 2 in South Gate
Stanford Avenue Elementary rank: 3 in South Gate
Stanford Primary Center rank: none in South Gate
State Street Elementary rank: 2 in South Gate
Teresa Hughes Elementary rank: 3 in Cudahy
Valiente College Preparatory Charter rank: 4 in South Gate
Victoria Avenue Elementary rank: 5 in South Gate
Walnut Park Elementary rank: 3 in Huntington Park
Willow Elementary rank: 4 in South Gate
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results