Julie Korenstein Elementary
7650 Ben Avenue
North Hollywood, CA 91605
- Compare with other schools in North Hollywood
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: K-5
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||94.13%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 98% (117)
- Conditional admission: 2% (2) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Alliance 6-12 College-Ready Academy 21 rank: 6 in Sun Valley
Arminta Street Elementary rank: 3 in North Hollywood
Bellingham Elementary rank: 4 in North Hollywood
Camellia Avenue Elementary rank: 2 in North Hollywood
Celerity Cardinal Charter rank: 7 in Sun Valley
Celerity Palmati Charter rank: 7 in North Hollywood
Charles Leroy Lowman Special Education Center rank: none in North Hollywood
Coldwater Canyon Elementary rank: 4 in North Hollywood
Fair Avenue Elementary rank: 5 in North Hollywood
Fenton Academy for Social and Emotional Learning rank: none in Sun Valley
Fenton STEM Academy: Elementary rank: 4 in Sun Valley
Fernangeles Elementary rank: 2 in Sun Valley
Glenwood Elementary rank: 2 in Sun Valley
James Madison Middle rank: 4 in North Hollywood
John B. Monlux Elementary rank: 6 in North Hollywood
John H. Francis Polytechnic rank: 6 in Sun Valley
New Horizons Charter Academy rank: 5 in North Hollywood
North Hollywood Poly Community Adult rank: none in Sun Valley
PUC Triumph Charter High rank: none in Sun Valley
Richard E. Byrd Middle rank: 3 in Sun Valley
Robert H. Lewis Continuation rank: 3 in Sun Valley
Roscoe Elementary rank: 3 in Sun Valley
Roy Romer Middle rank: 2 in North Hollywood
Saticoy Elementary rank: 3 in North Hollywood
Strathern Street Elementary rank: 2 in North Hollywood
Sun Valley High rank: 4 in Sun Valley
Sun Valley Magnet rank: 3 in Sun Valley
Victory Boulevard Elementary rank: 4 in North Hollywood
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results