Costa Mesa High
2650 Fairview Road
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Compare with other schools in Costa Mesa
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Newport-Mesa Unified
- Website: www.nmusd.us
- Grades: 7-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 45.71%1-c
This school is in the 46.91th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: High School
SAT Test Results:
7th Grade Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
Access County Community rank: 2 in Costa Mesa
Adams Elementary rank: 6 in Costa Mesa
Back Bay High rank: 1 in Costa Mesa
California Elementary rank: 8 in Costa Mesa
Charles W. Tewinkle Middle rank: 7 in Costa Mesa
Coastline ROP rank: none in Costa Mesa
College Park Elementary rank: 3 in Costa Mesa
Early College High rank: 9 in Costa Mesa
Eastbluff Elementary rank: 9 in Newport Beach
Estancia High rank: 7 in Costa Mesa
Everett A. Rea Elementary rank: 1 in Costa Mesa
Greenville Fundamental Elementary rank: 7 in Santa Ana
Heinz Kaiser Elementary rank: 9 in Costa Mesa
Killybrooke Elementary rank: 8 in Costa Mesa
Magnolia Science Academy Santa Ana rank: 10 in Costa Mesa
Maude B. Davis Elementary rank: 10 in Costa Mesa
Monte Vista High rank: 5 in Costa Mesa
Newport-Mesa Adult rank: none in Costa Mesa
OCCS:CHEP/PCHS rank: 10 in Costa Mesa
Orange County Special Education rank: 1 in Costa Mesa
Pacific Technology School Santa Ana rank: none in Costa Mesa
Paularino Elementary rank: 7 in Costa Mesa
Pomona Elementary rank: 5 in Costa Mesa
Segerstrom High rank: 8 in Santa Ana
Sonora Elementary rank: 7 in Costa Mesa
Victoria Elementary rank: 5 in Costa Mesa
Wilson Elementary rank: 5 in Costa Mesa
Woodland Elementary rank: none in Costa Mesa
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results