Charles Drew Middle
8511 Compton Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90001
- Compare with other schools in Los Angeles
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Intermediate/Middle Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: 6-8
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 3.16%1-c
This school is in the 1.21th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: Intermediate/Middle/Junior High
7th Grade Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
Academia Moderna rank: 3 in Walnut Park
Academy for Multilingual Arts and Science at Mervyn M. Dymally High rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Alliance Collins Family College-Ready High rank: 8 in Huntington Park
Animo Pat Brown rank: 9 in Los Angeles
Compton Avenue Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Florence Avenue Elementary rank: 5 in Los Angeles
Florence Griffith Joyner Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Graham Elementary rank: 2 in Los Angeles
John Hope Continuation rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Judith F. Baca Arts Academy rank: 1 in Los Angeles
KIPP Ignite Academy rank: none in Los Angeles
KIPP Philosophers Academy rank: 4 in Los Angeles
McKinley Avenue Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Miramonte Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Ninety-Ninth Street Elementary rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Ninety-Second Street Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Ninety-Sixth Street Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
PREPA TEC - Los Angeles rank: 4 in Huntington Park
Parmelee Avenue Elementary rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Russell Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
South Gate Community Adult rank: none in South Gate
South Park Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Thomas Riley High rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Walnut Park Middle A School of Social Justice and Service Learning rank: 2 in Walnut Park
Walnut Park Middle B Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Academy rank: 5 in Walnut Park
Watts Learning Center Charter Middle rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Wisdom Academy for Young Scientists rank: none in Los Angeles
Wisdom Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results