Academies of Education and Empowerment at Carson High
22328 South Main Street
Carson, CA 90745
- Compare with other schools in Carson
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 70.35%1-c
This school is in the 70.17th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: High School
SAT Test Results:
Academy of Medical Arts at Carson High rank: 10 in Carson
Andrew Carnegie Middle rank: 2 in Carson
Avalon High rank: 2 in Wilmington
BACIS Banning Academies of Creative and Innovative Sciences rank: 8 in Wilmington
Bonita Street Elementary rank: 5 in Carson
Broad Avenue Elementary rank: 4 in Wilmington
Caroldale Learning Community rank: 7 in Carson
Carson Senior High rank: 5 in Carson
Carson Street Elementary rank: 7 in Carson
Catskill Avenue Elementary rank: 4 in Carson
Del Amo Elementary rank: 4 in Carson
Dolores Street Elementary rank: 4 in Carson
Eagle Tree Continuation rank: 1 in Carson
Fries Avenue Elementary rank: 2 in Wilmington
George S. Patton Continuation rank: 2 in Harbor City
HARTS Humanities and Arts Academy of Los Angeles rank: 5 in Harbor City
Halldale Elementary rank: 6 in Torrance
Leapwood Avenue Elementary rank: 2 in Carson
Magnolia Science Academy 3 rank: 7 in Carson
Meyler Street Elementary rank: 4 in Torrance
Nathaniel Narbonne Senior High rank: 6 in Harbor City
Normont Elementary rank: 1 in Harbor City
Phineas Banning Senior High rank: 6 in Wilmington
President Avenue Elementary rank: 3 in Harbor City
STEAM Wilmington Middle Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics Magnet rank: 4 in Wilmington
Stephen M. White Middle rank: 4 in Carson
Two Hundred Thirty-Second Place rank: 7 in Carson
Van Deene Avenue Elementary rank: 5 in Torrance
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results