STEM Academy at Bernstein High
1309 North Wilton Place
Hollywood, CA 90028
- Compare with other schools in Hollywood
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 79.65%1-c
This school is in the 78.97th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: High School
SAT Test Results:
APEX Academy rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Alexandria Avenue Elementary rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Cheremoya Avenue Elementary rank: 7 in Los Angeles
Citizens of the World 2 rank: 8 in Los Angeles
Citizens of the World Charter Hollywood rank: 9 in Los Angeles
Dayton Heights Elementary rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Frances Blend Special Education Center rank: none in Los Angeles
Grant Elementary rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Harvard Elementary rank: 5 in Los Angeles
Helen Bernstein High rank: 4 in Hollywood
Hollywood Community Adult rank: none in Los Angeles
Hollywood Primary Center rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Hollywood Senior High rank: 8 in Los Angeles
Hubert Howe Bancroft Middle rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Joseph Le Conte Middle rank: 3 in Hollywood
Kingsley Elementary rank: 5 in Los Angeles
Larchmont Charter rank: 10 in Los Angeles
Lexington Avenue Primary Center rank: none in Los Angeles
Lockwood Avenue Elementary rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Los Feliz Science/Tech/Engineer/Math/Medicine Magnet rank: 6 in Los Angeles
Magnolia Science Academy 5 rank: 4 in Reseda
Pathways Community rank: none in Los Angeles
Ramona Elementary rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Richard A. Alonzo Community Day rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Santa Monica Boulevard Community Charter rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Selma Avenue Elementary rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Van Ness Avenue Elementary rank: 7 in Los Angeles
Vine Street Elementary rank: 2 in Los Angeles
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results