Northridge Academy High
9601 Zelzah Avenue
Northridge, CA 91325
- Compare with other schools in Northridge
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 64.67%1-c
This school is in the 65.09th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: High School
SAT Test Results:
Alfred B. Nobel Charter Middle rank: 9 in Northridge
Andasol Avenue Elementary rank: 7 in Northridge
Balboa Gifted/High Ability Magnet Elementary rank: 10 in Northridge
Beckford Charter for Enriched Studies rank: 9 in Northridge
Blythe Street Elementary rank: 1 in Reseda
Calahan Community Charter rank: 7 in Northridge
Cantara Street Elementary rank: 5 in Reseda
Darby Avenue Charter rank: 8 in Northridge
Dearborn Elementary rank: 7 in Northridge
Gledhill Street Elementary rank: 4 in North Hills
Granada Community Charter rank: 3 in Granada Hills
Granada Hills Charter High rank: 10 in Granada Hills
Grover Cleveland Charter High rank: 8 in Reseda
Joaquin Miller Career and Transition Center rank: none in Reseda
Lorne Street Elementary rank: 7 in Northridge
Magnolia Science Academy 7 rank: 7 in Northridge
Mayall Street Elementary rank: 7 in North Hills
Napa Street Elementary rank: 2 in Northridge
Northridge Middle rank: 2 in Northridge
Oliver Wendell Holmes Middle rank: 6 in Northridge
Our Community Charter rank: 9 in Chatsworth
Parthenia Street Elementary rank: 4 in North Hills
Patrick Henry Middle rank: 6 in Granada Hills
Topeka Charter School For Advanced Studies rank: 9 in Northridge
Tulsa Street Elementary rank: 7 in Granada Hills
Valley Academy of Arts and Sciences rank: 6 in Granada Hills
Valley Charter Elementary rank: 9 in North Hills
Valor Academy Elementary rank: none in Northridge
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results