Middle College High
1600 West Imperial Hwy, Building 16
Los Angeles, CA 90047
- Compare with other schools in Los Angeles
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 80.29%1-c
This school is in the 79.54th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: High School
SAT Test Results:
Alliance Cindy and Bill Simon Technology Academy High rank: 5 in Los Angeles
Alliance Jack H. Skirball Middle rank: 5 in Los Angeles
Animo James B. Taylor Charter Middle rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Barack Obama Charter rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Bunche Middle rank: 1 in Compton
Carver Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
Centennial High rank: 2 in Compton
Cesar Chavez Continuation High rank: 1 in Compton
Compton Avenue Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
David Starr Jordan Senior High rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Dorothy V. Johnson Community Day rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Edwin Markham Middle rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Florence Griffith Joyner Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Grape Street Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
King/Drew Medical Magnet High rank: 9 in Los Angeles
Lincoln Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Lovelia P. Flournoy Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Martin Luther King Elementary rank: 1 in Compton
Maxine Waters Employment Prep Center rank: none in Los Angeles
One Hundred Ninth Street Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
One Hundred Sixteenth Street Elementary rank: 3 in Los Angeles
One Hundred Twelfth Street Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Resolute Academy Charter rank: 4 in Los Angeles
Ritter Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Ronald E. McNair Elementary rank: 2 in Compton
Thomas Riley High rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Weigand Avenue Elementary rank: 1 in Los Angeles
Willowbrook Middle rank: 1 in Compton
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results