Matilija Junior High
703 El Paseo Rd.
Ojai, CA 93023
- Compare with other schools in Ojai
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Middle School
- District: Ojai Unified
- Ranking compared to similar schools: 2
- Achieved API growth target: Yes
- Teachers with Full Credentials: 100%
- Teachers with Emergency Credentials: 0%
- School Schedule: Standard
- Grades: 7-8
- Core Academic Courses: 27
- GATE students: 9%
- English learners: 10%
- Reclassified as English proficient: 17%
- Migrant education program participants: 0%
- Eligible for free/reduced price lunch: 44%
- Special education within past two years: 15%
- Overall Average Education4: 3.35
- Testing Issues (flags):
A security breach involving social media exposure of 2012-13 test material for the Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) Program and/or the California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE) has been confirmed at this school site. This school is not eligible for state or federal award recognition during the 2013-14 school year.
(based on the 93% who responded)
|Not a High School
|Two or More||1%|
Median Home Price (Zindex) for zip code 93023:
Chaparral High rank: A in Ojai
Matilija Junior High rank: 6 in Ojai
Meiners Oaks Elementary rank: 4 in Ojai
Mira Monte Elementary rank: 7 in Ojai
Nordhoff High rank: 7 in Ojai
San Antonio Elementary rank: 7 in Ojai
Summit Elementary rank: 2 in Ojai
Topa Topa Elementary rank: 5 in Ojai
Valley Oak Charter rank: 2 in Ojai
- The State Rank is determined by a school's API Score in comparison to all other schools in California. (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). An equal number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank comes from the 2013 California Academic Performance Index (API) Growth report.
- The API Score is a number between 200 and 1000 that reflects a school's performance on statewide student assessments administered in 2013.
- Alternative Schools receive APIs but do not receive ranks
- Parent Education is the average of all responses where "1" represents "Not a high school graduate" and "5" represents "Graduate school."
- More information: 2012-13 Academic Performance Index Reports Information Guide (PDF; 629KB; 65pp.)