Central Valley High
4033 Central Avenue
Ceres, CA 95307
- Compare with other schools in Ceres
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- District: Ceres Unified
- Website: www.ceres.k12.ca.us/cvhsweb
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||486|
|Average Math Score||468|
|Percent Tested||72.9% (312 out of 428 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||82.08%|
|Two or More Races||0.57%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.47%|
Central Valley High rank: 5 in Ceres
Don Pedro Elementary rank: 3 in Ceres
Joel J. Hidahl Elementary rank: 5 in Ceres
Patricia Kay Beaver Elementary rank: 6 in Ceres
Adult Education rank: none in Ceres
Ceres Special Education rank: none in Ceres
Endeavor Alternative rank: 3 in Ceres
Continuation Argus High rank: 2 in Ceres
Lucas Elementary rank: 4 in Ceres
Walter White Elementary rank: 2 in Ceres
Sinclear Elementary rank: 6 in Ceres
Ceres High rank: 6 in Ceres
Stanislaus County Institute of Learning rank: 1 in Ceres
Blaker-Kinser Junior High rank: 3 in Ceres
Whitmore Charter School of Personalized Learning rank: none in Ceres
Whitmore Charter School of Art & Technology rank: 8 in Ceres
Whitmore Charter High rank: 9 in Ceres
Carroll Fowler Elementary rank: 1 in Ceres
Caswell State Preschool rank: none in Ceres
Caswell Elementary rank: 2 in Ceres
Mae Hensley Junior High rank: 5 in Ceres
La Rosa Elementary rank: 5 in Ceres
Cesar Chavez Junior High rank: 5 in Ceres
Aspire Summit Charter Academy rank: 7 in Modesto
Samuel Vaughn Elementary rank: 6 in Ceres
M. Robert Adkison Elementary rank: 3 in Modesto
Virginia Parks Elementary rank: 4 in Modesto
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results