502 Illinois Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125
- Compare with other schools in San Jose
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: San Jose Unified
- Grades: K-5
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||88.72%|
|Two or More Races||1.03%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.51%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 98% (78)
- Conditional admission: 1% (1) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 1% (1)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Abraham Lincoln High rank: 7 in San Jose
Blackford Elementary rank: 3 in San Jose
Campbell Adult and Community Education rank: none in San Jose
Continuation Community Career Academy rank: none in San Jose
Downtown College Preparatory rank: 5 in San Jose
EDGE rank: none in San Jose
Ernesto Galarza Elementary rank: 2 in San Jose
Grant Elementary rank: 2 in San Jose
Hammer Montessori at Galarza Elementary rank: 9 in San Jose
Herbert Hoover Middle rank: 4 in San Jose
Horace Mann Elementary rank: 3 in San Jose
Lincoln Plus High rank: 2 in San Jose
Lowell Elementary rank: 2 in San Jose
Luther Burbank Elementary rank: 5 in San Jose
McKinley Elementary rank: 2 in San Jose
Merritt Trace Elementary rank: 5 in San Jose
Middle College High rank: 10 in San Jose
Peter Burnett Middle rank: 3 in San Jose
River Glen rank: 8 in San Jose
Rocketship Alma Academy rank: 6 in San Jose
Rocketship Mateo Sheedy Elementary rank: 6 in San Jose
Selma Olinder Elementary rank: 2 in San Jose
Sherman Oaks Elementary rank: 6 in San Jose
Washington Elementary rank: 5 in San Jose
Willow Glen Elementary rank: 8 in San Jose
Willow Glen High rank: 6 in San Jose
Willow Glen Middle rank: 7 in San Jose
Continuation Willow Glen Plus rank: 3 in San Jose
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results