Silver Creek High
3434 Silver Creek Road
San Jose, CA 95121
- Compare with other schools in San Jose
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: East Side Union High
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||559|
|Average Math Score||579|
|Percent Tested||77.4% (431 out of 557 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||34.51%|
|Two or More Races||0.76%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.24%|
Andrew P. Hill High rank: 5 in San Jose
Cadwallader Elementary rank: 9 in San Jose
Cedar Grove Elementary rank: 7 in San Jose
Christopher Elementary rank: 4 in San Jose
Dove Hill Elementary rank: 5 in San Jose
Evergreen Elementary rank: 10 in San Jose
Evergreen Valley High rank: 10 in San Jose
G. W. Hellyer Elementary rank: 8 in San Jose
George V. LeyVa Intermediate rank: 5 in San Jose
Holly Oak Elementary rank: 6 in San Jose
James Franklin Smith Elementary rank: 10 in San Jose
John J. Montgomery Elementary rank: 4 in San Jose
KIPP Heritage Academy rank: 9 in San Jose
Katherine R. Smith Elementary rank: 1 in San Jose
Lairon College Preparatory Academy rank: 3 in San Jose
Laurelwood Elementary rank: 7 in San Jose
Los Arboles Literacy and Technology Academy rank: 4 in San Jose
Millbrook Elementary rank: 9 in San Jose
Norwood Creek Elementary rank: 9 in San Jose
O. B. Whaley Elementary rank: 5 in San Jose
Quimby Oak Middle rank: 9 in San Jose
Ramblewood Elementary rank: 8 in San Jose
Rocketship Rising Stars rank: none in San Jose
Rocketship Spark Academy rank: 9 in San Jose
Stonegate Elementary rank: 7 in San Jose
Sylvandale Middle rank: 5 in San Jose
Voices College-Bound Language Academy rank: 8 in San Jose
Windmill Springs Elementary rank: 7 in San Jose
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results