El Capitan High
10410 Ashwood Street
Lakeside, CA 92040
- Compare with other schools in Lakeside
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- District: Grossmont Union High
- Website: http://elcapitan.guhsd.net/
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||538|
|Average Math Score||531|
|Percent Tested||42.1% (168 out of 399 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||29.94%|
|Two or More Races||5.56%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||2%|
Chaparral High rank: 1 in El Cajon
El Cajon Adult Center rank: none in El Cajon
El Cajon Valley High rank: 3 in El Cajon
El Capitan High rank: 5 in Lakeside
Elite Academy rank: none in El Cajon
Foothills Adult Education Center rank: none in El Cajon
Gateway Community Day rank: none in La Mesa
Gateway West Community Day rank: none in La Mesa
Granite Hills High rank: 7 in El Cajon
Grossmont Adult rank: none in El Cajon
Grossmont High rank: 8 in La Mesa
Grossmont Middle College High rank: 10 in El Cajon
Grossmont Union High Special Education Program rank: none in La Mesa
Helix High rank: 8 in La Mesa
IDEA Center rank: 4 in El Cajon
Liberty Charter rank: none in El Cajon
MERIT Academy rank: 3 in El Cajon
Monte Vista High rank: 7 in Spring Valley
Mount Miguel High rank: 6 in Spring Valley
Mt. Miguel Adult Center rank: none in Spring Valley
Phoenix High rank: none in El Cajon
REACH Academy rank: 1 in El Cajon
Santana Adult Center rank: none in Santee
Santana High rank: 9 in Santee
Steele Canyon Adult Center rank: none in Spring Valley
Steele Canyon High rank: 9 in Spring Valley
Valhalla High rank: 8 in El Cajon
West Hills High rank: 9 in Santee
Work Training Center rank: none in El Cajon
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results