Guin Foss Elementary
18492 Vanderlip Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Compare with other schools in Santa Ana
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Tustin Unified
- Grades: P-5
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||56.09%|
|Two or More Races||3.48%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 78% (67)
- Conditional admission: 21% (18) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 1% (1)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 1% (1)
Arroyo Elementary rank: 10 in Santa Ana
Barbara Benson Elementary rank: 8 in Tustin
Benjamin F. Beswick Elementary rank: 6 in Tustin
C. C. Lambert Elementary rank: none in Tustin
C. E. Utt Middle rank: 7 in Tustin
Columbus Tustin Middle rank: 7 in Tustin
Foothill High rank: 9 in Santa Ana
Helen Estock Elementary rank: 2 in Tustin
Hewes Middle rank: 9 in Santa Ana
Jeane Thorman Elementary rank: 5 in Tustin
John Muir Fundamental Elementary rank: 7 in Santa Ana
Jordan Elementary rank: 4 in Orange
La Veta Elementary rank: 6 in Orange
Ladera Elementary rank: 10 in Tustin
Loma Vista Elementary rank: 7 in Santa Ana
Marjorie Veeh Elementary rank: 3 in Tustin
McPherson Magnet rank: 8 in Orange
OUSD Community Day rank: 2 in Orange
OUSD Home Sch rank: 4 in Orange
Panorama Elementary rank: 10 in Santa Ana
Pioneer Middle rank: 10 in Tustin
ROP-Career Education rank: none in Orange
Red Hill Elementary rank: 10 in Santa Ana
Robert Heideman Elementary rank: 2 in Tustin
Tustin High rank: 9 in Tustin
Tustin Memorial Elementary rank: 10 in Santa Ana
Tustin Ranch Elementary rank: 8 in Tustin
W. R. Nelson Elementary rank: 5 in Tustin
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results