Bolsa Grande High
9401 Westminster Avenue
Garden Grove, CA 92844
- Compare with other schools in Garden Grove
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Garden Grove Unified
- Website: www.ggusd.us/bghs
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||527|
|Average Math Score||538|
|Percent Tested||108.5% (498 out of 459 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||38.02%|
|Two or More Races||0.25%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.05%|
A. J. Cook Elementary rank: 10 in Garden Grove
Alamitos Intermediate rank: 7 in Garden Grove
Anderson Elementary rank: 7 in Garden Grove
Brookhurst Elementary rank: 5 in Garden Grove
Demille Elementary rank: 6 in Midway City
Donald S. Jordan Intermediate rank: 8 in Garden Grove
Ernest O. Lawrence Elementary rank: 7 in Garden Grove
Excelsior Elementary rank: 9 in Garden Grove
James Irvine Intermediate rank: 8 in Garden Grove
Jessie Hayden Elementary rank: 9 in Midway City
John F. Land rank: none in Westminster
John Marshall Elementary rank: 7 in Westminster
John Murdy Elementary rank: 9 in Garden Grove
Jordan Secondary Learning Center rank: none in Garden Grove
Leo Carrillo Elementary rank: 5 in Westminster
Louis G. Zeyen Elementary rank: 6 in Garden Grove
Meairs Elementary rank: 7 in Garden Grove
Merton E. Hill Elementary rank: 7 in Garden Grove
Mitchell Elementary rank: 6 in Garden Grove
Morningside Elementary rank: 7 in Garden Grove
Post Elementary rank: 9 in Westminster
Sarah McGarvin Intermediate rank: 10 in Westminster
Stanford Elementary rank: 8 in Garden Grove
Star View Elementary rank: 8 in Midway City
Sunnyside Elementary rank: 9 in Garden Grove
Susan B. Anthony Elementary rank: 7 in Westminster
Warner Middle rank: 8 in Westminster
Webber Elementary rank: 5 in Westminster
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results