501 South Western Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92804
- Compare with other schools in Anaheim
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- District: Anaheim Union High
- Website: www.auhsd.us/western
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||515|
|Average Math Score||527|
|Percent Tested||55.3% (287 out of 519 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||67.73%|
|Two or More Races||2.76%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.86%|
A. E. Arnold Elementary rank: 9 in Cypress
Buena Terra Elementary rank: 9 in Buena Park
Centralia Elementary rank: 7 in Anaheim
Cerritos Elementary rank: 7 in Anaheim
Cypress High rank: 9 in Cypress
Dale Junior High rank: 4 in Anaheim
Danbrook Elementary rank: 7 in Anaheim
Dr. Albert Schweitzer rank: 8 in Anaheim
Dr. Peter Marshall rank: 7 in Anaheim
Early Childhood Education Center - Carver Campus rank: none in Stanton
Esther L. Walter rank: 6 in Anaheim
Frank Vessels Elementary rank: 9 in Cypress
Glen H. Dysinger Sr. Elementary rank: 8 in Buena Park
Hansen Elementary rank: 6 in Anaheim
Holder Elementary rank: 7 in Buena Park
Hope rank: none in Buena Park
Juliet Morris Elementary rank: 9 in Cypress
Lord Baden-Powell rank: 6 in Anaheim
Mabel Carver Elementary rank: none in Stanton
Magnolia High rank: 5 in Anaheim
Mattie Lou Maxwell rank: 6 in Anaheim
Orangeview Junior High rank: 5 in Anaheim
Rancho Alamitos High rank: 8 in Garden Grove
Raymond Temple Elementary rank: 7 in Buena Park
Robert M. Pyles rank: 6 in Stanton
San Marino Elementary rank: 8 in Buena Park
Savanna High rank: 5 in Anaheim
Twila Reid Elementary rank: 6 in Anaheim
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results