Bitney College Preparatory High
135 Joerschke Drive
Grass Valley, CA 95945
- Compare with other schools in Grass Valley
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public) (Charter, not direct funded)
- District: Nevada County Office of Education
- Website: www.bitneyprep.net
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||544|
|Average Math Score||471|
|Percent Tested||94.1% (16 out of 17 seniors)|
|Two or More Races||9.3%|
|Hispanic or Latino||4.65%|
'3R' Middle rank: none in Nevada City
3 R Community Day rank: none in NEvada City
3R Middle Community rank: none in
Bitney College Preparatory High rank: 3 in Grass Valley
Earle Jamieson Educational Options rank: none in Grass Valley
Edge Academy rank: none in Grass Valley
EPIC de Cesar Chavez rank: none in Tehachapi
Forest Charter rank: none in Nevada City
Forest Charter rank: 8 in Nevada City
Gold Flat Special rank: none in Nevada City
Inspire rank: none in Grass Valley
John Muir Charter Schools rank: 1 in Grass Valley
Juvenile Hall Community rank: none in Grass Valley
Los Angeles Education Corps Charter rank: none in Los Angeles
Milhous Ranch, Inc. Vocational rank: none in Nevada City
Nevada City School of the Arts rank: 6 in Nevada City
Nevada County Academy of Learning rank: none in Grass Valley
Nevada County Academy of Learning High rank: none in Nevada City
Nevada County Development Cent rank: none in Grass Valley
Nevada County School for the A rank: none in Nevada City
Nevada County Special Education rank: none in Nevada City
Seven Hills EMR rank: none in Nevada City
Sierra Montessori Academy rank: none in Grass Valley
Sugarloaf Mountain School rank: none in Nevada City
Sugarloaf Mountain, Juvenile Hall Program rank: none in Nevada City
TMR Reward School rank: none in Nevada City
Twin Ridges Home Study Charter rank: none in Nevada City
Twin Ridges Home Study Charter rank: 4 in Nevada City
Yuba River Charter rank: none in Nevada City
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results